Is the Shooter Ready?
The simulation works on OSX and all versions of Windows. It will not work on a Surface RT. It will work on a Surface Pro. It will not work on phones or tablets.
When your Paypal payment is completed you will be automatically directed back to the Shooterready download link web page. You will receive links for the Windows and Mac version (approx 143 mb for Windows, 148 mb for the Mac version). You may download both.
If you leave the Paypal site too soon after the payment is verified you may not be redirected to the download page. Just wait a few seconds for the redirect.
You will also be sent an email with the download and installation information.
If you do not receive an email with the download links:
- Your email address associated with your Paypal account is incorrect.
- It ended up in your trash folder. Hotmail is known for this.
- Your ISP has your spam filter set too high and/or is filtering or blocking most emails.
- Rarely, Paypal can be slow in responding to the download script. I can send you a download email manually. Just be patient and contact me if I have not already contacted you.
You can use the simulation on all of your own computers.
The download links will expire 3 hours after your order is placed.
- If you cannot download it during that time frame, don't worry, just send me an email and I will set up new links for you to download the files when it is more convenient. Be sure to tell me when that more convenient time might be.
You will need to know how to find saved files on your computer and how to unzip a file.
Please do not share the download links
- If the download logs indicate that the files have been downloaded from multiple IP addresses you will not be eligible for support or future updates and I will generally be unhappy with you.
This is a one time download. Make a back up copy and keep it in a safe place.
- While I'm pretty easy going about setting up new downloads after your harddrive crashes I can't guarantee that I will live forever.
- Since the simulation files are not installed but exist in a folder, making a back-up is easy. You can make a back-up of either the zipped file or the extracted folder.
- Mac OS X 10.8 includes new features to improve security for users. One of the new default options prevents users from being able to install or launch applications that are not downloaded from the Mac App Store, or that have not been digitally signed by the developers. The LRSSMAC.app is not digitally signed at this time.
To run the LRSS app on Mac OS X 10.8, there are two options:
- Option 1: Override Gatekeeper for only the current installer
Control-Click on the lrssmac.app file. You should see the Finder’s contextual menu.
Select ‘Open’. Mac OS X will display a warning that the installer app is from an unidentified developer and ask the user to confirm that they want to open it.
Click on the ‘Open’ button. This will allow the installer to run on your computer.
- Option 2: Override Gatekeeper altogether
Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
Click the lock icon in the lower-left corner and enter your administrator username and password
Under “Allow applications downloaded from”, select “Anywhere”
The application should launch and function normally.